7/12/10

Off to Grandma's house

On Friday, Ryan left for his annual summer adventure with his Grandma Megan. He has been looking forward to getting to spend the one on one time with her. He always comes home with plenty of stories. This year, he is in for a wonderful adventure and I can't wait for him to tell me all about it. 

{waiting to board the plane}
This will be his 4th year that he has gone to visit.  You would think that it would start to get easier to let him go, but it doesn't.  For some reason it was really hard for me say goodbye.  When they called him up to board I just started to tear up and didn't want him to go, but of course after hugs and kisses I did.

{here he is being escorted to the plane}
As soon as he got seated he called me and we talked until he had to put away his phone.  Ryan said that had an aisle seat and hoped he could ask the whoever was sitting by him if they could switch.  Ryan is shy so I wasn't sure if he would even ask.  Well while we were talking a man asked Ryan if he didn't mind switching seats.  Ryan was like sure and told him thank you. I asked if the guy seemed like a nice guy and he said "Yes mom and he's in the Army too."
He was thrilled.

{plane getting ready to pull away from the gate}


I sure do miss him and can't wait to pick him up this Saturday.

No comments: