4/11/10

Goodbye Texas Stadium

This morning a piece of football history is gone. Texas Stadium was imploded. I have many memories of Texas Stadium. I still remember the first time I ever set foot in the stadium. It was a Thanksgiving day game, my mom and step dad took us to the game.
I count myself lucky to have gotten to see at least 2 of "Triplets" play, Michael Irvin and Emmett Smith; Troy Aikman was injured. I was so excited to see Troy Aikman (I had/have a major crush on Troy). Or the time that I took my sister's to see N'SYNC or seeing George Straight in concert. And the first time I took Ryan. We went for a company Fun Day Challenge. He so overwhelmed (I think he was about 5), but he can always say the he got to play catch in Texas Stadium.

Now it's gone, imploded to make way for something new. What that is, I don't think the city has decided. Here is a video from this morning...

1 comment:

Tillie said...

wow...i hadn't seen that video yet. I'm sad that they tear down those amazing pieces of history. I think they are going to do that to the astrodome soon and it's a shame. glad you have awesome memories there!