5/6/10

The house that built me...

There is a song by country artist Miranda Lambert that I absolutely fell in love with it. It's her new single, "The House That Built Me." It is a wonderful song. I got all teary eyed after I heard the song in its entirety. This morning I was reading an article about how Miranda didn't write the song but very well could have. It's a eerily similar retelling of her childhood, of a difficult time in her family's life when she was younger...I think people can relate to the song. I know a few particular lines in the song that hit home with me.

You leave home, you move on and you do the best you can. I got lost in this whole world and forgot who I am. I thought if I could touch this place or feel it this brokenness inside me might start healing. Out here its like i’m someone else, I thought that maybe I could find myself.

I truly believe where I grew up shaped the way I am. With all the good times and bad, I know in the end it was all for the best.


VH1 TV Shows Music Videos Celebrity Photos News & Gossip

1 comment:

Tillie said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this song. Always makes me tear up too...you are right in we are who we are because of where we came from. It's hard to look back but for me it keeps me from becoming what I came from.