5/20/10

More than just an old building, it's our history

What do you see when you look at the picture below? Most people see just an old building with over grown grass and vines covering the outer walls.


To me I see the hustle and bustle of my school days. Pep Rallies in the lawn, hanging out at the picnic table at lunch time.

I graduate in 1996, my senior class was the last to graduate from the old school (I'm very proud of the fun fact.) A new school, complete with red tin roof, that housed the entire student body PreK-12 opened the following school year, thus the decline of our old high school. Now the school board wants to tear it down. I can hardly believe it. This building has so much history.


Practically everyone in town went to school there. My step mom, all her brothers and sisters and cousins. Not to mention the fact that I had some of the same teachers that taught them, taught me (Shout out Mrs. Dawson.) Plus, Bobo & Jaja (my step grandparents) were long time employees. Now they want to tear it down. To me this building should be renovated into a community center or a library or something useful. Something that will benefit the growing community of Bremond. A number of other communities have done just this. I think this should be an option that the board at least consider.

Please help us and sign our petition. The school board meets again in June and the demolition is on the agenda. Please help us and sign our petition, this place is more than just an old building, it's our history.

No comments: