10/25/11

What the Hail????

Early Sunday morning, a horrible storm came blowing through DFW.  Jason woke me up  to tell me it was hailing. I mean I could hear a tapping sound on the window. Then all of the sudden, it sounded like the windows were going to blow out. At first, I thought it was a tornado that was about to rip through my house, so I ran up stairs to get Ryan. I half way expected him to either be asleep or at least be hiding under covers. Oh no,  he was up in his room listening to music, not worried about the storm.
After the storm dyed down and everyone was back in bed, my stomach started to hurt for one major reason. Jason just got a new truck on Friday and all I could think about was how his truck was now destroyed. I couldn't sleep until I went out and checked the damage. Now I know this sounds shallow but it was a miracle the truck was not damaged at all. Well this is what my yard looked like:


This what I found when I opened my back door.. It looks like I dumped out a bag of Sonic ice. 


The next morning we still had ice in the yard.


I'm so thankful the most damage we had was our trash can was knocked over.


No comments: