9/2/10

First day of school 2010

The first day of the 2010-2011 school has come and gone. As always, Ryan is happy to be back at school. He was ready to see all of his friends.
This was the first year that I did not take Ryan to school myself.  I had been asking Ryan all week if he wanted me to drop him off or if he just wanted me to drop him off at his Nana's house.  Well, in true Ryan fashion he did not want to hurt my feelings and kept telling me the didn't know yet.  So the Saturday before school started, as we drove the movies, I asked him again if he wanted me to drop him off. Jason immediately said, "No! He doesn't need you to take him."  I will never forget the look of relief on his face.  Then Ryan sweetly told me that he was sorry but he would rather have Nana drop him off.  To say my feelings were hurt would be a lie.  I knew that last year was the last time I would get to drop him off on the first day of school, so I was okay with it.  Really, I was.

Please excuse the smirk on his face but I snapped a picture and he wasn't done eating.

{All dressed ready to go}

It's a hard fact to swallow, but he is growing up and I have start cutting some of the strings.

1 comment:

Life Happens said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Your son is very handsome! I love his new hair cut.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Go Skins! Although 'dem cowboys have kicked our butts last year, we are in a new season, new coach, new QB. Hopefully we can beat ya'll this time. :)