This weekend I did something I never thought I would do: I ran a competitive race, Dallas Koman Race for the Cure. I have always thought that I wanted to run a 5K. I mean I run at the gym, on a treadmill how different could it be to run 3.1 miles with 37,000 other people? Well, lets just say I was overwhelmed, but I did finish. My official time was 31:57. I know that my time is not the greatest but I'm happy with it, I finished!!!!
Now that I completed this race, I have decided that I want to try and run the YMCA Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving Day. Ryan thinks its pretty cool and he has challenged me to try and run the race in 25 minutes. I just want to run it under 30 minutes. Then I can enjoy all the delicious turkey day treats with the family.
1 comment:
Wow - you are totally my inspiration! Congrats on finishing! I've always wanted to do that!!
Post a Comment