7/7/09

Fireworks and Birthday Cake

All though Ryan's actual birthday is was on Saturday, we did most of the celebrating on Friday. I had to work Friday, so Jason thought it would be fun to have a guys only day. That morning he got up early, Jason took him to breakfast and a movie. Then it was time for a nap, if anyone knows my son, knows he likes his sleep. When I got home they were playing a very intense game in the X-box complete with shouting and yelling. On Friday night we took Ryan out for his birthday dinner to OTB. He's really not a fan of the food, but loves the ice cream pie, which he got after the wait staff sang him the birthday song. After dinner we drove out to Rowlett. They were having a Main St festival. I must say it was very warm and the only relief came when Ryan wanted to fly a simulated air plane. Thank goodness it was in an air conditioned trailer. After about 20 minutes of cooling off and video games it was time to see some fireworks...The fireworks show this year was only about 20 minutes long but it was good. We were so close that the we were hit with the falling ashes. Besides the presents I think the firework show is his favorite part of his birthday.

After the fireworks we finally got home and Ryan just passed right out. I kept telling him that I was going to wake him up early, but the earliest I could actally get him awake was 8:45am.
































I think Ryan had a great birthday!

No comments: